International Summer School on Disability and Development (18th June – 13th July 2012)
The 2nd Disability and Development (D&D) course focuses on specific issues related to disability and rehabilitation in the context of development. The course will provide the student with skills in the field of project planning and management using a logical framework method. It offers the students opportunities to go through and practice the entire process of project management through experiential learning. Another major subject will be monitoring and evaluation methods, currently used in the field of CBR programmes. The importance and use of Management Information System (MIS) will be discussed in some detail, since this is a cornerstone of good monitoring and evaluation. Students will practice setting up a simple MIS themselves.
The Summer School on Disability and Development (D&D) is both a standalone course and the 2nd module in a series on Disability and Development. The Summer School is a collaborative undertaking between Faculty of Public Health Universitas Indonesia, The Center for Disability Studies FISIP-UI and The VU University Amsterdam.
- To develop skills needed for policy, advocacy, planning (project) management, monitoring and evaluation related to disability, rehabilitation and development. To understand the importance of Community-Based
- Rehabilitation (CBR) as an appropriative model of rehabilitation for low income countries and participatory project development.
- To develop an understanding of the position of specific group of disabled people in society, the importance of forming partnership with disabled people organization and appreciation for inclusive development approaches.
Form Of Tuition
Lectures with practical exercise, tutorial groups, self study, experiences events and group assignments. The summer school is equal to 6 credits.
An electronic reader will be available; articles will be available on the internet or made available electronically as pdf or word documents.
Mode of Assessment
Assessment is based on individual, tutorial group worker and individual written examination
International Students, Students from Universitas Indonesia, Students from Other Universities, Government Institution of Professional from Disability, Rehabilitation and Development Organization or Other Concern with Disability Issue.
Dates: 18th June – 13th July 2012
3 Weeks classes and 1 week self-study and preparation for the essay examination
Faculty of Public Health Universitas Indonesia Depok, West Java
Tuition Fees (Excluding board & Lodging)
- International Students : €1.800
- Indonesian Students : Rp. 3.500.000.,-
- Indonesian Non Students : Rp. 6.000.000,-
Board & Lodging
(Estimated for Living in 22 days in Jakarta) – Meals (3 Times a day): €6 or Rp. 60.000 per day on Campus Recommendation for Accommodation: around €25-40 per day
Hotel Sifaana Jl. Margonda Raya No. 246 Depok (10 minutes by public transportation to campus)
- Standard single bed Rp 300.000/day
- Deluxe single bed Rp. 350.000/day
- Superior twin bed Rp. 400.000/day
- VIP single bed /twin bed Rp. 475.000/day
- All rooms can be shared for 2 person
Registration and Information
Hartaty Sarma (Faculty of Public Health)
- Universitas Indonesia
- Phone: +62 812 1020 3244
- E-mail: email@example.com